RTU Social Skills Lessons & Activities Series +++ BESTSELLER
Ruth Weltmann Begun (The Society for Prevention of Violence)
This resource is one of four books in the "Social Skills Curriculum Activities Library," a practical series designed to help classroom teachers and specialists teach appropriate behavioural skills to students of all abilities, preschool through grade 12. The activities emphasize teaching young people to recognize the equal rights of others, independent of colour, race, and religion, and develop their skill in using good judgment to resolve life’s conflicts peacefully.
The complete Social Skills Curriculum Library provides over 250 classroom-tested lessons and activities in four distinct units, each tailored to the developmental needs of students at a particular grade level:
- READY-TO-USE SOCIAL SKILLS LESSONS & ACTIVITIES FOR GRADES PreK-K
- READY-TO-USE SOCIAL SKILLS LESSONS & ACTIVITIES FOR GRADES 1-3
- READY-TO-USE SOCIAL SKILLS LESSONS & ACTIVITIES FOR GRADES 4-6
- READY-TO-USE SOCIAL SKILLS LESSONS & ACTIVITIES FOR GRADES 7-12
For easy use, the activities in each grade-level unit follow a uniform format, including a descriptive title, a specific behavioural objective, and a simple eighth-step lesson plan that provides everything needed for an effective, well-balanced learning experience.
Each lesson covers:
- Purpose: Need for teaching/learning the social skill, e.g. "Using Self-Control"
- Introduction: Stories, films, poems, and questions to make the skill concrete
- Skill Components: Skill steps for teaching the appropriate behaviour
- Modelling the Skill: Teacher and/or student demonstration of the skill
- Behavioural Rehearsal: Student performance of the skill with teacher correction if necessary
- Practice: Worksheets and other activities summarizing the skill
- Independent Use: Activities to promote use of the skills outside of school
- Continuation: Suggestions for reinforcing the skill through the school year
And, as a further help, all of the practice worksheets are individually printed in a special format that folds flat for easy photocopying as many times as needed for individual or group.
Published 1995, 196 Pages, Large Lay Flat Binding
About This Social Skills Teaching Resource. Acknowledgements. About the Society for Prevention of Violence. About the Social Skills Curriculum. Bibliography. Demonstrating with Hand Puppets.
SOCIAL SKILLS LESSONS & ACTIVITES FOR GRADES 1-3. Disciplinary Strategies/Corrective Actions. Thinking Before Acting. Listening. Following Directions. Improving Self-Image. Accepting Consequences. Problem Solving. Self-Control. Completing Assignments. Dealing With Anger. Dealing With Feelings. Accepting Change. Stopping False Rumors. Attending To Task. Respect For Other. Accepting Differences. Dealing With Peer Pressure. Social Skills Task Review. Social Skills Family Training Booklet. PARTNERS IN SOCIAL SKILLS: A FAMILY AFFAIR.
Published 1995, 274 Pages, Large Lay Flat Binding
About This Social Skills Teaching Resource. Acknowledgements. About the Society for Prevention of Violence. About the Social Skills Curriculum. Bibliography. SOCIAL SKILLS LESSONS & ACTIVITES FOR GRADES 4-6. Disciplinary Strategies/Corrective Actions. Thinking Before Acting. Listening. Following Instructions. Improving Self-Image. Accepting Consequences. Using Self-Control. Goal Setting. Completing Assignments. Problem Solving. Dealing With Anger. Accepting Change. Dealing With Feelings. Dealing With Prejudice. Dealing With Peer Pressure. Stopping False Rumors. SOCIAL SKILLS TASK REVIEW.
Published 1996, 285 Pages, Large Lay Flat Binding
Published 1996, 212 Pages, Large Lay Flat Binding